Sunday, September 17, 2006

SUNDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL TALK

Okay, I don't talk sports around here except for the occasional mention of my beloved New Orleans Saints, so I thought that I'd break with tradition and do a little NFL posting.

I couldn't be happier that my Saints are 2-0 after two games this season. After the nightmare of last season where they played all of their games away from home after Katrina, this start has been really great. The 2-0 start is also the first time in the franchise's 40 year history that they've started a season by winning their first two games on the road. Next week, the Saints will make a triumphant return to the Crescent City for the first time since December of 2004 on Monday night against their divisional rivals, the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons are also 2-0 so this game is going to be huge on many levels. And it looks like the NFL and the city are pulling out all the stops to make this one of the most important and heavily hyped games in recent memory as ESPN will be providing Super Bowl-level coverage, not to mention a week's worth of buildup this coming week. The musical guests are about as A-list as can be had as far as entertainment before the game as U2 and Green Day will be performing together publicly for the first time as will the Goo Goo Dolls. I actually sorta pissed that I'm not going as Monday night games are tough from a travel perspective since I like almost 200 miles away and I do actually hold down a paying job not involving blogging. I've looked online for tickets but I'd be looking to pay about $120 for nosebleeds, so that's not really practical either. Anyway, it looks like it's going to be a very emotional night for a packed stadium and those watching at home.

So, are there any Falcons fans reading? How about an Eagles fan or two who are pissed that their team blew a 17 point lead in the fourth quarter? If there's a Bears fan looking to do some chest thumping after outscoring their opponents 60-7 over the first two games, I'd love to hear from them. Comments welcome!

No comments: