Monday, September 04, 2006

WEEK THREE TOP TEN

FIRST UPDATE


With all the merriment and good times going on over the long weekend, I've been remiss in my TOP TEN duties. Well, it's been a busy weekend, so I've got a solid starting six to begin the new week list with. This was kind of a tough one to rank since all of them fit the bill as far as my mission statement - chronicling the top scoundrels and nincompoops who are screwing up this nation, but none in the group really hit a nasty one out of the park. With that in mind, know that these guys are just about interchangable on the list right now. I welcome any and all readers to rank them yourselves and share the rankings in the Comments section. So, without further ado...

Rich Lowry starts things off at number six, with his "creative interpretations" of polling numbers.
Coming in at number five, we've got Rick Santorum, who stood up on Sunday and proudly proclaimed that he'll be going down in a blaze of glory by fulling supporting anything and everything Bush this November after he piddled around the middle of the political spectrum a couple of weeks ago. Huzzah, my good man!
At number four, there's Pat Buchanan, who technically should be disqualified from the list this week because I documented his offense this past Thursday, but since I forget to consider him in the FIVE WORST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD column this past week, he'll get another chance at it this week. And honestly, it's not like he's not going to say something bitterly racist and moronic this week anyway.
Arriving at number three is Don King, who claims that blacks didn't vote for Bush in '04 (and 2000, for that matter) because "they don't know any better." Oh, and here I thought it was because the GOP is riddled with racists who never miss an opportunity to let African Americans know exactly where they stand time after time.
Bill Kristol arrives at number two today. He really got under my skin this past weekend when he claimed that Scooter Libby should be pardoned immediately because he didn't really lie about anything important when testifying before the grand jury in the Plame leak case ... like getting a blow job or something.
And finally, debuting at number one is Oliver North, who resurrected the classic Cheney chestnut that if people vote for Dems this November, then we're all going to die!!!

That's it! That's the list! As I said, you're all welcome to rank them as you see fit down in the Comments section. Help yourself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No women? There must be some terrible women out there! :)

Anonymous said...

know a guy in mobile named joe gullette?

Paul said...

To "The Kid" - I'm not really a Tide fan. I grew up in N.O., though I despise LSU and I lived in Atlanta for six years, so I have affinity for Georgia (and a warm squishy spot for the Vols). Down here in Mobile, I've been told that they're split right down the middle - Auburn and Bama so I get fairly equal coverage of both.
To "rsturgeon" - No, I do not know a guy named Joe Gullette.
Oh, and thanks for "fav-ing" me, Kid. I hope more of you do the same.