Monday, August 21, 2006

COMING SOON...

GEORGE W. BUSH

C'mon, the guy's got a press conference coming up this morning and he's even going to take questions from reporters so he's bound to say something that will finally (and more than likely permanently) get him on this prestigious list!

Some of you may have wondered why he wasn't already on the list. I've thought about this a bit and I've come up with two reasons. Number one, he hasn't said anything all that boneheaded (aside from his continued insistence on the whole "stay the course/cut and run" nonsense he spouted off this past Friday) and second, after six years of this guy's barely coherent ramblings, I think I've become desensitized to him. Seriously, there's only so often that one can get worked up over a guy who's two drinks away from being that drooling moron at a party that everyone wants to kick to the curb. I've spent years being "the angry pinko commie liberal" on various message boards and I think I'm just burned out on him.

All that being said, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. As I mentioned before, His Boobness is bound to utter some such nonsense at this presser that will, in the words of one of my favorite online columnists, result in a thorough vaginal sandification on my part. So, there ya go, Dubya. The gauntlet has been thrown; don't let me and my readers down.

NO UPDATED TOP TEN UNTIL I SURVEY THE DAMAGE WROUGHT BY MONKEY BOY (that, and I really have to get a move on and get my daughter to school...)

SHORT UPDATE: I was talking to my wife about His Monkeyness this morning and she was relaying many of my same feelings as far as just being burned out with him. She recalls getting especially exhasperated with him during his recent trip to Europe when, during any number of press gatherings, the only thing he could seem to talk about was what was for lunch! "Heh, heh. I thought we were going to talk about that pig we're having for lunch. Heh, heh." She just couldn't believe that while reporters are trying to ask serious questions, he kept talking about food. What the hell is wrong with this guy?!

Anyway, I'll have my thoughts on his presser once I've had a chance to digest it. That, and I have to sift through three pages of notes. Damn this blog, making me actually watch that mess... .

No comments: