Wednesday, August 30, 2006

WEEK TWO TOP TEN UPDATE

Based on recent entries (and one surprise entrant who has not received some snark from me this week), I give you our updated list of scoundrels and nincompoops.

At number seven, as expected, we've got Ann Coulter. As I figured, her lunatic rantings are having less and less of an effect, and if the list fills up enough, she'll be booted soon. Still, I've only got seven on the list at this point, so she sticks around.

Keeping his position right in front of Coulter, there's John McCain. Mr. Maverick/Wussy Bush Man has been quiet of late. Any guesses which persona will make its next appearance first?

Making his first (and most likely final) appearance on the list at number five is none other than Jack Kemp. Who? Yeah, I get that a lot when I say his name; he's just that pointless. And this is the man that Joe Lieberman called to campaign with him. What, was Dan Quayle busy?

Making a surprise appearance at number four is George Felix Allen Jr. Why? Yeah, I know that I haven't blogged about him this week (and I've actually enjoyed the break) but his macaca snafu seems to have metamorphosed into a lot of background work that is really painting an ugly picture of the man who would be president. Now coming to light is a more than friendly connection in his past with a group called the CCC, Council of Conservative Citizens, the successor organization to the segregationist White Citizens Council and among the largest white supremacist groups. The CCC is designated a "hate group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center. And they're buddies of Felix. Well done.

Getting into the top three, and let me tell you, the voting was fierce as to who deserved that top spot. So, without further ado...

At number three, I present Dick "Straw Man" Cheney. Now some people say that it's okay for Dick Cheney to frequent bathhouses in Thailand where little girls can service his every whim and desire, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Isn't it odd that just a week ago, Bush said that we shouldn't question the patriotism of our opponents, yet his attack dogs are out in full force this week? I guess they didn't get the memo.

Coming at at number two is Joe Lieberman (and boy was it tough choice between two and one). He's already had three offenses this week, including flipping through the GOP Dirty Tricks Playbook to run his campaign against Democratic Primary WINNER Ned Lamont. He also called in a big(?!?) gun like Jack Kemp to stump for him. And finally, he's apparently blaming Democratic primary voters for him running as an independent. At least I think that's what he's saying. I'll have more on that one tomorrow.

And finally, coming in at number one is Donald H. Rumsfeld, the man who claims that if you disagree with Bush and his war policy then you're a coward and mentally and morally deficient.
Keith Olbermann over at MSNBC's Countdown did layeth his righteous wrath upon Rummy during Wednesday's edition of the show. The video of said smackdown can be found courtesy of the fine folks over at Crooks and Liars. This stuff is required viewing, my peeps - DO NOT MISS IT!

That's it for now. I hope to have a full TOP TEN by Friday, but no guarantees, though speaking of guarantees, I'm almost certain that Bush will be popping up here tomorrow as the administration begins yet another PR push about the Iraq War tomorrow. That's our Bushie - don't change the strategy on the ground in Iraq, just turn up the volume of the PR at home.
Later.

No comments: