Wednesday, October 18, 2006


I'VE GOT A SECRET

CONRAD BURNS



Man, that was a really long day as far as my work schedule went. As such, I feel completely out of the loop and it sounds like it was quite a day. I think one of my favorite stories so far is Conrad Burns revealing that there's a secret plan for winning in Iraq. From Americablog:

Sen. Conrad Burns says he believes President Bush has a plan to win the war in Iraq but is keeping it quiet, a statement Democrats pounced on Wednesday as reminiscent of comments made during another divisive war.

Burns, at a debate Monday with Democratic challenger Jon Tester, said he believes Bush has a plan to win - but added: "we're not going to tell you what our plan is."

As Joe Sudbay at Americablog notes, ten American troops were killed today. I bet their family would like to know what the "secret plan" is. I bet there a couple thousand families who would like to know what this secret plan is and why it hasn't been implemented already.
Or perhaps, and I'm just spitballing here, perhaps Burns is totally nucking futs and he demonstrated that fact by he'll say just about anything that pops into his head, including something as asinine as, "We've got a plan, but we're not going to tell you." Dear lord, how old is the twit? If I did something like award a "Quote of the Week," this one would probably win by a landslide.

No comments: