Friday, October 20, 2006


WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM GOD

DONALD RUMSFELD


Here's something of an odd question. But first let me preface it by saying that I'm not a religious person really. I was raised Catholic but the scandals of the church really rattled my faith in the faith. Their views on homosexuality and a woman's right to choose and now with Ratzinger in charge, I feel even less secure in my beliefs. I have prayed in my life. I've often tried not to ask for things from God, instead spending my prayer thanking him for all that he has given me. Never once during these times have I ever felt that God has talked to back to me. So, here's the question - has God ever talked to you? Not in a "What Would Jesus Do" sort of way as you feel as though you're doing what God would want you to do, but a real sort of, "This is God, thank you for praying to me. I believe that you should do this and this. Thank you. God, out."

I ask this because apparently God, in addition to all the other things the Almighty has to do in a given day, is apparently also the diety who came up with this "Stay the Course" nonsense. At least, that's what I would assume since apparently God has been telling Don Rumsfeld what to do in Iraq. So says General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
From Yahoo:

The top US general defended the leadership of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, saying it is inspired by God.

"He leads in a way that the good Lord tells him is best for our country," said Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Well, if this is the case, I think that when the Dems take control of one or both houses of Congress, God should get the first congressional subpoena since he apparently has a lot to answer for. I guess it was God who told Rumsfeld not to plan for the postwar reconstruction. And it was God who told Rumsfeld he only needed 140,000 troops instead of the several hundred thousand or so that General Eric Shinseki said we needed (I guess God wasn't talking to him). I guess it was God who told Rumsfeld to do a lot of really stupid things in regards to Iraq that have us in the horrendous situation we find ourselves in now.

No comments: