Thursday, October 26, 2006

NOT WORTH IT

The Appeal for Redress is providing servicemen and women an opportunity to communicate with members of Congress and express their thoughts about their efforts in Iraq.

It's wording is simple: "As a patriotic American proud to serve the nation in uniform, I respectfully urge my political leaders in Congress to support the prompt withdrawal of all American military forces and bases from Iraq . Staying in Iraq will not work and is not worth the price. It is time for U.S. troops to come home."

One soldier was quoted in WaPo: "I think some things are worth fighting for, I just don't feel Iraq is one of them," said Madden, of Bellows Falls, Vt. The Quantico-based Marine plans to leave the service to attend college in January.

Amen, soldier, amen. I hope you make it.

No comments: