Tuesday, November 21, 2006

FUN WITH FIREFOX

While this has nothing to do with politics, I thought I'd share anyway.

After months of it staring me in the face, I finally decided to take the plunge into Firefox. I'm an IE guy, specifically IE6 and I'm a real creature of habit abut such things. IE6 allowed me to customize a very unobtrusive navbar that maximized my screenview without a bunch of unnecessary buttons and such. But with the advent of IE7, I felt that it might be time to make a switch. But instead of IE7 I went ahead and checked out Firefox (which 35% of my visitors here use [50% use IE6]). Overall, I'm fairly satisfied. It's customizable (though not as much as I want) and of course, there's the whole "tabs" thing. Within a month's time, I'm going to wonder how the heck I ever lived without tabs. I have a widescreen monitor (1680 x 1050) with ample space on my taskbar to display many windows, but by utilizing tabs it makes everything so much easier. I can have one window with tabs for blogger, this blog and the counter; one window for about six-eight different blogs that I monitor and another window for a couple of email programs I use. So instead of 10-12 open windows, I've got three - very smooth. Me likey.
So, is there anything else I'm missing as far as nifty tools in Firefox?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A plethora of extensions are available that extend Firefox's functionality...

See: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions.php?app=firefox

Anonymous said...

Welcome to firefox. I've used it from very first version. You should install "IE tab" extension to invoke IE inside Firefox for some website require it.

litespeed said...

You should utilize the "Performancing" extension in Firefox. This allows you to post to your blog from any web page.