Friday, November 10, 2006


HO. LEE. SH*T.

JONAH GOLDBERG


The following is from Jonah Goldberg, editor-at-large of the National Review Online and bigtime conservative commentator. I can only assume that he was mentally altered from two nights worth of hard boozing as he attempted to deal with the traumatic loss of both chambers of Congress by the Republicans.

How Bush Should Handle Loss

I think James Baker and Dick Cheney should take Bush out to the woods around Camp David. After 24 hours in a sweat lodge, he should be given only a loin cloth, a hunting knife and a canteen of water. Bush should then set out to track and kill a black bear, after which he should eat its still beating heart so he can absorb its spirit. He should then fly back to Washington in Marine 1. His torso still scratched from the bear's claws, his face bloodied and steaming in the November chill, he should immediately give a press conference at which he throws the bearskin on the front row of the press corps, completely enveloping Helen Thomas, declaring, "I'm not going anywhere."

This will send important messages to Democrats and well as to our enemies overseas, who are no doubt high-fiving as we speak.

Yep, that'd sure send a message alright. A message that the leader of the free world and those he chooses to associate with are totally and completely off their freaking rockers. Seriously, has Jonah completely lost it here? The mental image of Bush running around in a loin cloth is something that will probably stay with me longer than I'd like it to, but the whole scratched torso thing and bearskin enveloping Helen Thomas really push this thing beyond anything even remotely sane.

I suppose we all deal with loss in the political realm differently. As I noted yesterday, I shut out politics for about six months after the '04 elections. Jonah apparently chooses to go batshit crazy. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the whole thing; it doesn't read like it's metaphorical so I can only assume that he's serious. And that's damn frightening.

Go back and read it and then ask yourself where Michelle Malkin gets off calling liberals unhinged.

(h/t Crooks and Liars)

No comments: