Thursday, November 02, 2006

A FEW BITS

Awww, Paul likes my sweetheart and future husband, Keith, too. How sweet. Betcha I like him more!

Hi, gang. Sorry my my sorry amount of posts lately. I've been feeling puny, like my granny used to say. What little energy I've had I've spent on my ravings at over Demokat. I do go on over there and didn't want to hog up all of Paul's space and suck up all the air at AML. I do feel some obligation to post some actual factual information here because I think Paul has established a very reputable and informative site and I don't want to foul it up. I do have a few cross-posts Paul wants here. I'll toss 'em up tomorrow. Here are a few shorties:

First up, I guess y'all have heard about the...uh, "right" Rev. Ted Haggard, leader of the 30 million member National Association of Evangelicals, who has stepped down since he has allegedly been paying for gay sex for years. I'm know Paul will have more to say about him. I was highly amused watching Jerry Falwell on CNN's Situation Room doing The Twist while attempting to convince anyone willing to listen (and, of course, Paula Zahn was) that Rev. Ted was just some obscure nobody that had nuthin' to do with nuthin'.

Given that 3 were identified at Ground Zero only today, some of you might be interested in supporting the families by helping to stop construction at the site by signing the petition at Put It Above Ground. Personally, I think the whole place ought to be made into a memorial park. I've been working on a post on the subject. The thought of making money or conducting business upon the ashes of the dead disgusts me.

Given that some ballots cast early have already been lost, such as those in Volusia County, in...you've got it...Florida, a predominately minority and poor county, 'natch, you might want to check to make sure you are registered, at the very least. Maybe even take your video recorder with you to the polling place. Just clear your calendar for Tuesday. I stood in line from 4 p.m to 10:30 p.m in the predominately minority precinct in Columbia, SC where I had to cast a provisional ballot in '04. Now, back in the Republican upstate SC, I betcha I'm in and out in 20 minutes, as usual. I'll let ya know.

No comments: